Real Estate Closings & Title
Real estate is often your largest personal investment. To avoid putting your real estate investment and your personal assets at risk you should have the proper professional advice. Real estate transactions and disputes involve many laws, which vary greatly from state to state and address a wide variety of legal issues related to acquiring, financing, developing, managing, constructing, leasing, and selling commercial and residential real property.
Buying and selling real estate is generally more complicated than buying or selling other expensive goods, such as cars or boats. With real estate, many different people can have an interest in the same property, tax consequences are more complicated, and possession is not necessarily indicative of ownership. An experienced real estate attorney can help you sort through all of the difficult decisions and negotiations involved in real estate transactions.
Bouchard Baker, PC is well qualified to meet your needs in the Massachusetts and Rhode Island Real Estate market. Our experienced team handles matters including the following:
- Purchase and Refinance Closings for Residential and Commercial transactions.
- Construction contracts
- Foreclosure law
- leases and other landlord / tenant matters governed by Massachusetts and Rhode Island real property law
- Commercial and Residential leases
- Property management
- adverse possession
- boundary disputes
- easements / rights of way
- homeowners’ association legal issues governed by Massachusetts and Rhode Island real estate law
- environmental remediation
- zoning issues
- title insurance
- partition of real property
- quiet title
- eminent domain